• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my hardscape First Timer

ObiTonyKenobi

So this is my first attempt to seriously do an aquascape. Used Ana Paula Cinato "Flooded Ancient Nature" as inspiration and an area of the Cascades Mountains called Rampart Lakes full of "bathtubs", though these tubs are full of plants and not water

I used a lot of filler to save precious soil (UNS Aquasoil) and give height to the back. My plan is to fill in the back right corner so it is a terrace above the front right one. Originally bought two Spider Roots to see which one looked better, but after playing around with it and taking aquascaping advice from my 3 year old I left the second spider root on the left side. I really love the entrance it makes in the back, especially once it is planted. Rock is Elephant Hide which has a nice reddish/Pinkish hue when it's wet. Would like to add a few small rocks but not sure what other rock I can use as Elephant Rock is a bit expensive due to how dense it is.

Really appreciate any feedback

Ana-Paula-Cinato-2015-2-1000-1-80x80.jpg
image0.jpeg
image5.jpeg
image4.jpeg
image1.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi @ObiTonyKenobi

I'd just like to welcome you to UKAPS. No doubt the aquascapers will be along to help you with your creation. I see that you are in Seattle so that's 7/8 hours time difference, I guess? It's 23:22 here in the UK right now.

JPC :)

Newbie question here (all the more so as time has passed and you must have an established tank by now): what are the different substrates for? Just visual effect or for different plants? Care to update with a new more recent picture?

Newbie question here (all the more so as time has passed and you must have an established tank by now): what are the different substrates for? Just visual effect or for different plants? Care to update with a new more recent picture?
Is that not just soil at the back overlaid with sand through to the front and middle to save on soil? And definitely updated pictures, bet that turned out awesome my friend

ben.

Back