• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fish are at the top of the tank.

Gang@ukaps

come in this morning to find all my fish gasping and are swimming sub surface - dc are green, temp top end of green band on thermometer approx. 72 degree C. Does anybody else have the same issue.

Paul.

usually low oxygen causes this.
I'd do a 50% WC ASAP. That will get some oxygen back inthe water.

It won't fix the root cause though. So, then look at why you have a problem.

SteveUK said:
Do you have much surface movement? I realise this goes against CO2, but it's sometimes necessary to have some movement, as well as CO2! :)

Steve

Slight shimmer - I had to drop the inlet pipe further down into the tank due to evaporation (now my top is open to the elements, just lifted pipe out of tank so returning water is disturbing the water surface - I did wonder whether is was due to the heat, as It is very hot here.

Paul.

This sounds ike you have got to grips with the problem.
It will still take some time for the O2 to rise, I'd guess at a few hours. If the fish are still gasping now then a WC will be much appreciated by them! I know I am repeating myself but I think it is important so your fish do not suffer needlessly.

Pop an airstone in there attached to an airpump whilst you slowly lower the CO2 over a few hours.

Thx guys

The amazing thing is that the inlet pipe has been like that for 3 week and its strange how this issue has only just popped up, i think high ambient temperature is partially to blame as well my front room as a temp of 78 with no sun. The front room never gets any sun but the heat transfers from the back room to the front, sun is always on the back until about 4.

Regards
Paul.

N.B Now with the pipe out of the water (like a water fall) make me want to go the loo all the time - you know what the sound of running water like. :lol: :lol:

Back