• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fish die, videos attached HELP please!

Well I gave them the dobbelt dose of eSHa2000... that is for really sick fish:
For more information regarding eSHa2000 you may find this thread useful

http://www.fishkeepingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=58431

Altum offers further explanation of the individual components

(the ingredients used to be available on label, though this no longer seems the case; while the original ingredient list mentioned appears to be taken from an online Fish Medications List published some years ago, various posters have reported much more recent emails from eSHa confirming those basic ingredients, so I suspect they remain little changed)

Unfortunately manufacturers of fish medications may claim efficacy of their concoctions based upon known data regarding the individual components, they are not required to perform any actual treatment trials of their formulated product
Wordplay is also perfectly legal, eg, some medications, while having x general result, may also be proven (re fish veterinary studies) to have no effect on aquarium fish in general or when dosed as per the label instructions ... yet the product may remain popular with lfs etc as it has excellent marketing

I frequently suggest the Manual of Fish Health as a basic text

but the two smaller ones is hanging at the surface looking like begging me to end their lives!
At this stage, they are extremely unlikely to recover (re disease progress)

It’s better practice to remove dying fish rather than transmitting potential pathogens to other livestock that may consume the dead fish, some pathogens also have a mechanism for “release” from the dying host

Back