• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

fish for 2 foot cube (ish)

mr. luke

I should hopefully be getting a tank soon that is 2 foot cube (ish, a little taller than long).
into this tank will go my macro breeding group, female honey gourami and platinum tetras.
im looking for something cardinal size but cant drop the ph due to the macros needing hard water to breed.
ph varies between 7-8 and the gh is in the region of 14-16
i want something that shoals really tightly, but grows to a similar adult size as cardinals or harlaquoin rasboras.
any ideas?

SteveUK said:
Emerald Eye Rasbora might be quite nice. They shoal really well! A little bland looking, but in the right light they have amazing blue eyes.

as far as was aware, a vast majority of rasbora's prefer acidic conditions apart from maybe the "art nouveau" galaxy rasbora, and perhaps one or two others. having said that, most fish from the l.f.s.s' around these parts (i'm from the shire also) are not only kept, but proliferate in hard water, including the show stopping harlequin!
later!

emerald eyes are quite nice :)
i know most tetras and rasboras prefer acidic water but most will adapt reasonably well ;)
our platinums show spawning behaviors and they are soft water fish.

saw some emerald eyes today and they are rather boring to say the least :p
i have however decided on ember tetras for this tank :)

Back