• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fish for 30L cube

mafoo

Has anyone got recommendations for fish for a 30L Cube?

I currently have some shrimp and an otto in there. I did have some Neon green raspboras but there wasn't enough horizontal space for them to assert their territorial nature so i moved them to the 130L tank.

I was looking at getting some clown killifish but i have pretty high flow rate in my tank. There's CO2 injection as well.

How high flow is pretty high flow? I have some breeding clown killis going free if you collect them.

Have you looked into Microdevario and Boraras species? Badis benegalensis are happy in this size too, assuming it is heavily planted.

about 250+l/hr from what i gather thats too fast for clown kilifish. Which is sad because the water is proabably the right prarameters for them. :(

I just took the microdevario out and i have loads of boraras in my main tank so i was looking for something diffrent. I was sorely tempted by some badis that i saw in my lfs but they also dont like high flow and i cba with something that will only eat live food.

What kind of Badis were they? I've got some that look like B. badis/B. assamensis cross. Not entirely sure which they are. They're happy in a 90L with 1000lph flow. Just make sure theres plenty of plants and hardscape for them to hide in and explore. I've also had mine eating frozen bloodworm, although they do suffer from obesity problems when fed this exclusively.

Back