• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fish for my water parameters

Lindy

I have water with following parameters: TDS 44 GH 3 PH 6. I have a shoal of lampeyes that look great but would like something else, maybe apistos? Killis? open to ideas. I have been altering the tap water to try and keep CRS but while they live they don't thrive or breed and today had 2 deaths so maybe not living...Anyway if the rest die I'd like to get something that will like the water as it is. Tank is a planted 54l(journal 'the nook') 24''x12''x12'' Can add some leaf litter if required, there is already a cappata leaf in there and I have beech too. I do like species tanks and have puffers in the other tank so happy for just 1 or 2 larger fish(than lampeyes)That would occupy lower area of tank.
You guys know your fish so please, suggestions? No point in flogging a dead shrimp...

That is soft water so you have a wide range of fish that would love those parameters. Anything really from Amazonian waters (white, black and clear waters), South East Asia or West Africa.

Avoid fish from Eastern Africa (especially the rift lakes), Central America and North Western South America (Pacific drainage rivers).

In a 2ft tank a pair of West African cichlids would be perfect. Try rarer Pelvicachromis or tank bred Nanochromis. For South America you could go with Apistogramma but for something different that is absolutely stunning when settled and mature in a tank try Nannacara anomola - they will look totally insipid at the store, but the males look stunning after a while in a planted tank.

Back