• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fish ID help

JamesM

2008_08250011.jpg

I wrote the name down, but lost the piece of paper :oops:

They're beautiful! I wish I could get cool fish like that, there's nothing good near stoke only the usual. :(

Yeah, my pics don't really do them justice, they're stunning little fish. I also got 12 ember tetras which I'm thinking of adding to my shrimp tank... they were kept in a bare CRS breeding tank and left the shrimplets alone. Not sure what they'll be like after a couple of weeks settled in though.

Bought them all from MA @ Bridgend.

Let us know how you get on with them. I've never heard of them before, but agree that they do look good. I was thinking of upside down cat as well when I saw them, but the fins seemed too big.

I had a look on fishbase and it gives the name as Erethistes jerdoni as the current valid name, although it will probably change again! Grows to 3.8cm, comes from India and Bangladesh and "Occurs in slow-moving hill streams with sandy bottom, rivers and beels (?). A very sluggish fish"!

Back