• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fish id

mort

This image popped up on on another thread and I really like the fish but not sure what they are exactly (steven chong scape). Any ideas? Thanks

CD1CFC14-70DB-4E45-86C6-1B8B5F4EEE08.jpeg

Hi all,
I really like the fish but not sure what they are exactly (steven chong scape). Any ideas?
Danio shanensis
I'm not sure now, I thought they were a Cyprinid as well. My guess was the genus that used to be Barilius sp., where some species are now Opsarius spp. etc.

cheers Darrel

Could be either. Oh well two choices for mort anyway.

I think you're right to be honest, but with such poor resolution hard to say either way.

Inlecypris auropupurea/Devario auropurpureus doesn't have the horizontal stripe on the caudal peduncle ('p-stripe').

This is Steven Chong, fish in his IAPLC 2019 Rank 15th layout Amano-Gawa were juvenile
Barilius bakeri
(he’d wanted to use a local Japanese fish but was convinced otherwise by the TAU)

Thanks everyone. I initially thought barilius but convinced myself they were too slender, and didn't really have any other ideas.

I don’t think these are Barilius (either - same too slender conclusion), but I suspect Steve Chong travelled a similar path in choosing the fish

Now that Undying is posted on Steve Scapes (FB page), I suspect he would answer the question :)

Back