• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fish options for 240L tank

RPackman

Now that I have got the tank set up and getting settled, I can start planning fish for it. I already have 3 neon blue gobies and 6ish (never see them together/never see them) dwarf chain loach who will be going in there.

My water is standard Thames Water liquid rock, and my tank dimensions are 3ft long, 2ft deep and 1’7” high so it has a reasonable amount of lateral swimming space.

I have always wanted to have Pearl gourami, and would be keen to have a group of 4-5 of these (as I understand it these guys can usually be in a group, unlike some gourami).

What other fish would you like to see alongside these? I’ve contemplated Congo tetras, and dwarf rainbowfish, as well as red phantom tetras and green neon tetras. I’m not building a biotope, but I guess none of these fish would meet in the wild!

What are everyone’s favourite fish for these parameters?

My tank - Journey to high tech

I used to have 6 that slowly became 3 over the next 5-10 years. They were great, always out and about. Then I bought 4 more to bring their numbers back up and now I never see them!

I have dwarf rainbows, I really like how they shimmer. If you have some good strong lighting their colors will really pop when they flash.

Back