• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fish volume Calculator

tel

Maybe in the archives this is exists and I did a quick search to check but couldn't find anything.

So again on my hunting around for cool community fish I found this site which provides a calculator for fish stocking levels.
One of the interesting things is that it gives, what I think, is a fairly good breakdown, from tank size, to the type of filter, and with regards to fish, you can add them by name.

Once this information is added it then gives you are capacity percentage (which I would assume is based on full grown stock), a temperature average along with PH and hardness recommendations. Any species that are likely not to get along it also provides a warning (so to speak).

All in all I think a handy tool to help guide new comers such as myself through the murky waters, though I think some of the old hands may find it useful also

This is information with relation to my tank.( when clicked it goes to image shack then just open in new window to see and read fully )

Anyway, linkage for those that are interested/curious etc
http://aqadvisor.com/

cheers

*edit* One thing I didn't mention as I figure most would understand, but hey you never know. Hardscape and planting, these are not taken into consideration and so again , I assume that would affect volume so a 400 liter tank planted with hardscape may only be 300 liters. If I mistaken please correct ..ta

Nice tool, I still go by the general guideling of 1cm per 1l to some extent.

Back