• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fishbeast goes on another aquatic moss hunt

FishBeast

I bought myself a canon 550D last week and decided to go on another moss hunt and get some better pictures and video for you guys.

Here is a HD link to youtube:

Some star moss:
IMG_0289.jpg

Some willow moss:
IMG_0291.jpg

Some star and willow moss together:
IMG_0292.jpg

Some Fissidens:
IMG_0288.jpg

Another clump of star moss:
IMG_0255.jpg

I have to wait until after our wedding in october before setting up the new tank so I am getting mossey driftwood ready in advance:
IMG_0294.jpg

And some moss which is like flame moss (also local). It growed more horizontally in its emersed form.
IMG_0298.jpg

I have grown then all under water. The star moss I only had growing under for a month or 2 but it grew very well.

mr. luke said:
How do you get that fissidens to grow?
I really struggle with native fissidens :(

Yeah Garuf is probably right there. There are 50 known species of Fissidens in Australia alone and the one you are growing could be the one from singapore.

High light, co2 and ferts is how I grow mine but they will grow in low light with no co2 and ferts. My water temp is 25C.

FishBeast said:
mr. luke said:

Yeah Garuf is probably right there. There are 50 known species of Fissidens in Australia alone and the one you are growing could be the one from singapore.

High light, co2 and ferts is how I grow mine but they will grow in low light with no co2 and ferts. My water temp is 25C.

Mine is from a wall in my yard :)

mr. luke said:
FishBeast said:
mr. luke said:

Mine is from a wall in my yard :)

Oh, :D That explains alot. As a rule I don't try to grow anything in my tank unless it lives right on or in the water. Most of the mosses I get live mostly on rocks a few inches above the water line. No further than 2 or 3 metres.

Back