• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fishing in the USA

Steve Smith

I've spent the week with my brother and family in the US and have been doing a bit of fishing. I haven't fished since I was about 13 but I've really enjoyed it.

Today we fished at a lake in Rudolph Bennet park, a sort of wildlife area with a large fishing lake/pony trails etc. After a slow start I started catching a few small Blue Gills (6" and smaller). Not good compared to the 7 or 8 small blue gills I caught the previous day (6 or 7").

We were switching between floats and lures. I had no luck at all with the lures untill late in the day when I caught this:

3955205840_201d79670d.jpg

Big mouthed striped bass :) I think the grin on my face says it all ;) I think that's the biggest fish I've ever caught. Didn't weigh much, maybe 1lb or so. That wraps up my fishing for this trip, and what a good end to it :)

samc said:
nice one!

you look quite suprised :lol:

You could say that! It was right at the end of the day and i was a way up the bank away from everyone else. I had to shout my bro as I didn't have a clue what to do with it!

It's my last day with my bro and family today, so we're going fishing one more time, then a 6hr drive to Chicago tomorrow. I really don't want to come home yet!

Back