Fishkeeping on a slightly different scale!

andyh

These were taken on a recent trip to The Atlantis Palm in Dubai, apparently its 11 million litres! :wideyed: :wideyed:

It was truly breath taking, every time you looked you saw something different!

Hey Graeme could you scape it? ;)

andyh

I spent a huge amount of time just standing there watching, it was breathtaking and the fact there many places to view made it all the better especially when you had one of the large windows to yourself. I have loads of video.

FYI you can eat in a underwater restaurant and have a bedroom that looks onto the lagoon/reef, so instead of a window looking out to the palm you have a wall of the aquarium! Mega bucks though!

Its a true fishkeepers haven!!

samc

thats pretty cool

hope they arnt on a water meter

rawr

Wow, that's amazing.

I dread to think what type of lighting/filtration they have on that bad boy...

Graeme Edwards

Founder
andyh said:
These were taken on a recent trip to The Atlantis Palm in Dubai, apparently its 11 million litres! :wideyed: :wideyed:

It was truly breath taking, every time you looked you saw something different!

Hey Graeme could you scape it? ;)
I youst to work at Chester Zoo and often talked to our head of conservation and animal devision. I told him id like to see a walk through Amazon bio tope. Fields of Echinodorus, channels of stem plants. Over a million cardinals and hundreds of wilds Altums and Discus. AWESOME. A south east Asian bio top would be cool too. Imagen diving trips in them.

So Aaran, bring it on pal, I really think its possible and I reckon I could handle it!! 8)

NICE.

Cheers.

andyh

After my recent trip to TGM and seeing your 1800l G-man i reckon you could be onto a winner! Do it!!

I would love to see a shoal of cardinals that big.

Actually thinking on that scale can you imagine all the species of fish you could have!