• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

FIssidens Fontanus ??

Can be a slow grower.
Grows faster (i mean faster than slow, but not quick) with pressurized co2 and good light! :thumbup:

I use EI
rest of my plants looks fine I have some hair algae and some dust on glass but I try to fight with this I really like fissidens and i do not want to get rid of it :arghh:

Fissidens can be a funny thing sometimes.. takes an age to get going, then all of a sudden it can grow at a silly pace, especially after a good trim. As others have said, it loves a nice yellow drop checker and good light, but will tolerate many conditions.

Are you sure you have Fissidens Fontanus? I've seen some eBay sellers listing other Fissidens species as Fontanus, and several of these don't enjoy life under water...

Where is the tank is it? How deep is your tank? Does it get any shade??
I have Fissidens Fontanus on my Rio 125 and I have it on a piece of wood that is about 10cm from the surface and it grows very fast, on my low tech shrimp tank is grows very very very slow. It took about a year to grow 2cm.
If you have it in a deep tank attach it to a bit of wood near the surface.

tank is in living room naxt to a window but there is no sun light
is a bit deep about 55cm but first I keep a moss 15-18cm below water surface without any shade now I moved them down about 30 cm below water surface again no shade will see if this help if not I move them back

Back