• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

float glass V's opti white.

Mark Evans

Expert
ok i got a opti white and love it. i want a new 120cm tank but dont want to shell out 400 notes. anyone give a true comparison?

how do you mean mate? you've got a true comparison havn't you? 1 optiwhite vs 1 normal float glass.
This is a normal comparison....
OptiWhiteLores.jpg

This one is nice and IMO a true representation of what they look like.....
Optiwhiteglass.jpg

These are straight from Aquariums Limited.

ahhh right. so float glass is just like "normal" glass. i thought flot glass was the next step up from normal glass. it just goes to show, i know nothing.

opti white it is then

Float glass just refers to the method of manufacture. They literally float the glass on liquid to get a perfectly flat finish. I would imagine Opti-white glass is made by the same method (but I don't know for sure) - it's just the materials that differ.

you see the problem is, i can see a difference between my opti white and rena aquariums. but it's not that bigger difference.of course theres no green tint.

now my wife cant see a difference at all, nor can the rest of my family for that matter. my opt for a 10mm float glass aquarium and save my self some money. im sick of the height and the great big brace on my rena :?

JAmesM said:
How high is the Rena, Mark?

70cm, ive gone off the height. after looking at my henge tank i feel i want the same/ similar height (maybe 45cm) but with the 120cm lenght. kinda panoramic feel. also WAY easier to maintain.

when i go into my rean to trim etc, i have to put my speedo's on. i got pics somewhere :lol: (joking)

no, realy i go right up to my shoulder to touch the bottom. its a pain.

JAmesM said:
the depth front to back is only 12"

thats not alot is it. i currently have 40cm. i could get a 45cm and extend the stand. depth is more important to me than height. i would love a 120 x 50(d) x 45(h)

Yeah, I'm crying for more depth both ways :lol: I might even consider a 90x45x45 instead of the 90x60x60. I'll have to play about with cardboard boxes until I find a size I like :D

my 80cm is 80 x 45 x 45 and the height and depth are perfect, a nice front to back depth giving you plenty scope for almost any style of aquascape and it's not too deep for maintenance.

Back