• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Floating plants

This is my frogbit. The size of new leaves seem to diminishing and older leaves just turn Brown and mushy. Most of my plants inside the tank seem to have this problem of older leaves turning Brown. So I was thinking either co2 or ferts. The whole thing is on another thread in Ukaps. So I have hooked 2 co2 cylinders one through a inline reactor and the other doing a mist via an atomizer and power head. Both cylinders going at 6 to 7 bps. I dose ei with kno3 kh2po4 and k2so4 along with flourish for micro. Iron i dose edta chelated florin fe. My gh s 23 and kh s 6. PH s 8.0 dosing mgso4 too although my water tests show I have adequate mg in tap water. It's a 100g tank with 4 t5ho each 54w. 2 lights for 5 hrs and all 4 for 2hrs. Co2 comes on 4 hrs before light on to 2 hrs before light off. Drop checker green at lights on and yellowish green at lights off. Two filters eheim 2217 and sunsun303b. Two wavemakers at 800gph and two powerheads. My nitrates at the end of each weak reaches 40ppm and phosphates are at 2.0 and I do weekly 50% water change. I calculate ei dosing based on rotala butterfly.
I am simply stumped. I am dosing the needed ferts and am injecting co2 thru 2 different methods in the same tank each at 6 bps. Somehow things r not looking good. It's like something s blocking the plants from utilising the nutrients.
Sorry for stealing the thread. Didn't mean to. Started abt frogbits but all my inner frustrations boiled over. If anyone can shed some light I wud be most obliged. Wil share more pics if needed.
005a189c5297305b1fe99f483f2b9d3b.jpg
4f529a6d5284203ff3e1db9dc65a8f9d.jpg
6e577a7518e6424dbe393bc78dea8eff.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Hi everyone.. just to give feedback. I seem to have solved the riddle in my tank.. atleast for now. I put in a new set of frogbits and they r doing well. I was underdosing micros even though i was doing as per directions on the seachem floruish bottle. I started doubling that and every plant started responding. The new set of frogbits which had short bare roots developed longer roots and also hair on them. They are propogating and the leaves r all puffed up and so they dont go under water. Will post some pics soon. just busy with the kids. Anyway thanks everyone for all the feedback. I will be writing a much more detailed post in my original thread with pics of all the plants.

Back