flora-grow nutri pus?

mr. luke

Member
Joined
7 Dec 2008
Messages
1,033
Location
Lincoln
anyone ever used it?
it was dead cheap so i got a tub for my tank :)
just after some general info and summaries really :)
 

mr. luke

Member
Joined
7 Dec 2008
Messages
1,033
Location
Lincoln
well i have used it anyway, and the new growth is VERY healthy looking :)
mexican oak had shot off but thats not a surprise :lol:
 

Ed Seeley

Member
Joined
3 Jul 2007
Messages
3,261
Location
Nottingham
It's not one I've heard of. Please keep us informed with your progress with it as it might help someone else.
 

mr. luke

Member
Joined
7 Dec 2008
Messages
1,033
Location
Lincoln
well it was £7 for a 4litre tub, quited for a 80cm tank, and i used the lot in my 45cm lol :p ill throw up some piccys of it if your interested
 

Dan Crawford

Founder
Staff member
Joined
21 Jun 2007
Messages
3,266
Location
Daventry, Northants
mr. luke said:
well it was £7 for a 4litre tub, quited for a 80cm tank, and i used the lot in my 45cm lol :p ill throw up some piccys of it if your interested
Very interested.

I've never heard of it either.
 

George Farmer

Founder
Staff member
Joined
30 Jun 2007
Messages
7,065
Location
Cambridgeshire
I've just reviewed this, for PFK, along with over 20 other substrate products.

It looks great value and claims to contain a wide variety of nutrients. Certainly worth considering for those on a tight budget (who isn't, these days?!)
 

mr. luke

Member
Joined
7 Dec 2008
Messages
1,033
Location
Lincoln
You cap it off, i have done with sand and 'pink grit' which is like mashed up gravel when you wash the pink rubbish off.
My suposed red plants are actually red now and im noticing more compact growth so its better than sand anyway :lol:
 

beeky

Member
Joined
21 Aug 2007
Messages
879
Location
Chippenham, Wiltshire
When's the substrate review going to appear in PFK George?

I'd be interested in photos of any substrate really, It's nice to see what you're buying and there's aren't many places you can buy them "off the shelf" and even then they're usually in opaque plastic or tubs.
 

George Farmer

Founder
Staff member
Joined
30 Jun 2007
Messages
7,065
Location
Cambridgeshire
beeky said:
When's the substrate review going to appear in PFK George?

I'd be interested in photos of any substrate really, It's nice to see what you're buying and there's aren't many places you can buy them "off the shelf" and even then they're usually in opaque plastic or tubs.
It should be in the next issue (Mar '09), out soon.

There's photos of 20+ products - both the packaging and the actual grains etc. It took me two whole days of photographing (40+ photos) and writing (4,000 words) to complete. My biggest feature yet.
 

ianh

Member
Joined
14 Mar 2009
Messages
24
Location
Pelsall
Have a container of this, but without any instructions. What sort of depth is required on the bottom of the tank? Also, does anybody know if it changes the chemistry of the water?

Thanks,

Ian
 

aaronnorth

Member
Joined
19 Feb 2008
Messages
3,953
Location
worksop, nottinghamshire
ianh said:
Have a container of this, but without any instructions. What sort of depth is required on the bottom of the tank? Also, does anybody know if it changes the chemistry of the water?

Thanks,

Ian
i would say a minimum of 1" then it needs capping with about another 1" of gravel or sand so that any fish wont dig it up and mess the water.

The only way it changes the chemistry is for good. It might possibly lower the pH, add a fe nurients to the water etc. But nothing that will adversely affect yourplants or fish.
 

ianh

Member
Joined
14 Mar 2009
Messages
24
Location
Pelsall
aaronnorth said:
ianh said:
Have a container of this, but without any instructions. What sort of depth is required on the bottom of the tank? Also, does anybody know if it changes the chemistry of the water?

Thanks,

Ian
i would say a minimum of 1" then it needs capping with about another 1" of gravel or sand so that any fish wont dig it up and mess the water.

The only way it changes the chemistry is for good. It might possibly lower the pH, add a fe nurients to the water etc. But nothing that will adversely affect yourplants or fish.
Thanks Aaron
 

mr. luke

Member
Joined
7 Dec 2008
Messages
1,033
Location
Lincoln
Hasnt changed my ph, hardness etc at all.
I did cap it but the sand got all dug into the base layer and no problems have arisen from having it exposed so i leave it how it is ;) Looks very natural to me like that.
 
Top