• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Floresta na Palma da mao. - Forest in the palm of your hand

ghostsword

Thanks.. I took a gamble with this..

The moss I chopped it up, a La Amano. Then mixed sand and amazonia. Added the rocks and placed the moss paste on top. It took the best part of three months to grow.

The hard was finding the right plants to look like trees. I tried a number of them, but only myriophilum gave the results i wanted.

Now I need to trim the lower leaves and leave just the tops, then it will look like a tree. See the last plant on the right side, only has top leaves.

Tips? Keep trying things until you get the results you want. And be patiente.

I got two more scapes like this, one on a 35cm cube (on the garden), with hygrophilas and downoi. All emersed.

:) will post soon more updates.

Re: Floresta na Palma da mao. - Forest in the palm of your h

Amazing Luis - did you enter into Diego's comp? You definitely would have won or came close!

I've got a couple but neither are as stunning as yours :sick:

No, did not enter it.. Been busy with work traveling so the tanks are a bit neglected..

I am a big fan of diego, I got another small tank that takes inspiration on his "Lemuria Parca" big tank, slightly smaller than this one.

ghostsword said:
an amazing photo and an amazing scape....but how did you come up with the title?? :lol:
Even when you posted the dimensions of 20x5x10cm i couldnt visualise it properly...now i can, awesome!
Ady.

wow! thats something different, really nice :thumbup:

incredible, the picture when you are holding the forest in your hand is just amazing!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

great sense of scale, loving the trees.

That is amazing work! Inspirational! Congrats Luis!

Back