• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Flourish Excel for 180 lts

Gary Nelson

Hi everyone,

Can anyone advise me how many ml of 'Flourish Excel' to dose or over dose to help combat BBA on my 180 ltr tank?

I am running injected co2 and have fish/shrimp - I'd just like a safe-ish dose to be added daily really that will not be harmfull, but at the same time going towards getting rid of BBA.

Thanks for help in advance....

Thanks for that - I have been dosing 7ml for the last 3 days and fish/shrimp seem ok so far.... I just did not want to push it to be honest and do some harm - having said that I do not see the BBA clearing up as yet :(

im using easycarbo in a 180 litre tank, currently at 15mm daily untill can sort pressurised system out, an fish an shrimp seam to be fine as active.

viper3770 said:
Thanks for that - I have been dosing 7ml for the last 3 days and fish/shrimp seem ok so far.... I just did not want to push it to be honest and do some harm - having said that I do not see the BBA clearing up as yet :(
3 days is a short period, hence I said increase after a week if necessary, make sure your lighting levels are not overkill also and that the CO2 is adequate, as this causes BBA.

You could try targetting your BBA with diluted excel and a syringe. I did this and it worked really well. Just turn off your filter, spray the excel onto the affected area, leave 10 mins then turn filter back on. Provides a much more "targetted" response, and your shrimp can then munch it much more easily as it dies back
Hope this helps!
Matt

Back