• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Flourish excel with Vallisneria Spiralis

jamesw

Will the excel i use ruin Vallisneria Spiralis plants? i heard that some vals dont like it but ive just order some Vallisneria Spiralis and im wondering if they will be alright with the excel? Thanks

From experience, yes!
As to exactly why, I don't know. I'd be interested to know though! :)

o no! thats not what i wanted to hear! will it ruin them even if i dose smaller amounts?

jamesw said:
o no! thats not what i wanted to hear! will it ruin them even if i dose smaller amounts?
The leaves will just melt away!! I had to stop dosing mine recently has I have some vallis in the tank.

jamesw said:
Will the excel i use ruin Vallisneria Spiralis plants? i heard that some vals dont like it but ive just order some Vallisneria Spiralis and im wondering if they will be alright with the excel? Thanks

I use easycarbo (similar to excel) every day and have vallis spiralis growing nicely. Initially it and vallis americana died off, americana never recovered - but that might be because my tank is brackish - but my vallis spiralis has recovered and is doing nicely. I think that if I'd carried on dosing daily then neither would have survived but I just dropped the dosing sometimes not dosing for over a week until i noticed the recovery

Back