• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Flourish Excel?

Wayney

Will this product be ok to use instead of CO2 injection just for a short period of time, say about a week!
I ask because I managed to break both of my diffusers and have no other way of getting CO2 into the tank.
I've already ordered 2 cheapo replacements from HK so should get them this time next week :?

P.s. How much should I be dosing for a 27 us gal tank?

Regards Wayne,

Yes, Excel or it's less expensive competitor, EasyCarbo are converted to CO2 inside the plant, however it's not clear how to correlate the dosages with CO2 injection rates. As a result it would be better to lower your lighting to below 2WPG or so while you dose per bottle instructions or even 2X overdose. Of course this depends on the types of plants. Some folks report trouble with Vallis. Carpet plants are CO2 junkies so they would appreciate higher dosages. Liverworts or bladderworts don't appreciate this chemical at all.

Cheers,

Back