• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Flow advice please.

1612624747337.png

I did a bypass for the CO2 reactors, not cheap and a PITA to clean

View attachment 162255
I did a bypass for the CO2 reactors, not cheap and a PITA to clean
Yeah. I remember you mentioning the cost when I read your journal. I didn't think it would be too bad, but after a couple of orders to the Plastic pipe shop I get your point now!! :oops: Those little fittings soon add up.
BTW the glue in barbed hose adaptors I bought reduce to about 17mm internally for the 25mm pipe version. Is there a better version that I've missed or is this fine?
Cheers

barbed hose adaptors I bought reduce to about 17mm internally

Yes, barbed hose connectors always get a bigger reduction in diameter for hose size,
I used these (I think)
1612703546221.png
the next smallest constriction (bottle neck) on my setup is the Filter connector of the FX6 and is 22mm, any reduction will reduce flow, but the shorter the length of the reduction the better. Its just a case of doing the best you can, plus don't forget the FX6/4 tubing is ribbed so it will also create friction/resistance

Yes, barbed hose connectors always get a bigger reduction in diameter for hose size,
I used these (I think)
View attachment 162389 the next smallest constriction (bottle neck) on my setup is the Filter connector of the FX6 and is 22mm, any reduction will reduce flow, but the shorter the length of the reduction the better. Its just a case of doing the best you can, plus don't forget the FX6/4 tubing is ribbed so it will also create friction/resistance
Thanks Zeus!

Back