• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Flow amd co2 reactors

Maybe where the main filter flow is directed?
I have 2x Fluval G6 in my 200L. These have an actual flow of 1000 LPH (2460 LPH pump performance) each so I'm on just over 10x actual turnover. If fish get right in front of the filter output then they have a job swimming too.
A spraybar softens this 'intense' jet of water and improves flow in a lot of cases.

Wow thats some good filters, your all making me feel i need some more filtration, maybe i will use another filter and with that put the reactor on so if flow is restricted by reactor which it will, i will still have good fliw on other filter

Thanks all for the advice

i have the fluval 240l with a fx5 running through a sera co2 reactor and a 950lph wave maker you wont need to worry about having too much water flow.

i tried a diffuser and then an inline diffuser but was using heaps of co2 and the tank was full of micro bubbles, switched to the sera reactor and i had to turn the co2 way down.

now i have millions of bubbles in the tank but its all from pearling :cool:

once you run the filter output through an external heater and then a co2 reactor it will cut the flow rate considerably.

hope this helps
dave

as a further note the 306 is just strong enough for my 60l tank (fluval f60) with inline heater and reactor.

Now i feel so inadequate...haha..ok think i will get a secondary filter and run the reactir through that when i get through this crappy thing they call christmas and im Going to rescape my 240 l at same time, put. The fish in my 100 l for a few days while it all settled down, thanks

Back