• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Flow and the Eheim installation set 2 (spray bar)

NeilW

Hello everyone :wave:

Long time not posting for me but sadly have been too busy with life in general :( . Now I want to use the christmas holidays to take a well needed look at my 17 litre nano setup 'Mono' and crack it before setting up my newer tank. The challenge I have faced for months is the large rock that I want to keep as an integral part of the 'scape which heavily restricts flow.

I am now thinking that a spray bar could help with my problems by creating more surface agitation and also creating a more even spread of flow around the rock. Would this be something worth exploring?

I found the Eheim installation set 2 which seems like a good candidate I'm not sure by the pictures and available information if it will shorten to 20cm? Could it be easily cut down if not?

Cheers,
Neil

Hi Neil,
Yes the bars are a good way to go. I'm less enamored with the Eheim set though. It just seems overly complicated and elaborate (probably overpriced as well). Why not just get the Fluval bars. So simple and practically invisible when set up right:
O98p_9lNtIEmgXH2Vwnu_RP5V6nD2nClpwKtm5QI5uR25E2DIETd2lu0w0ohslTnP6_4kYirKEVj4ZWDqY2x3tqBLoWMEogUShojaYudcIBRvvIdZ-FQohF365Av7AGODc8JdORk1-SMoMZC4acuFa9CsB4U3--l

Either way, spraybars/installation set matched with 10X or more filter rating ought to get the job done.

Cheers,

Cheers very much Clive, I'll take a look into them :thumbup:

I've had around 30x turnover from the filter but theres a big dead spot at the back corner so this should help resolve the problem.

I couldn't recommend the set you posted Neil, they're extremely chunky and not at all pretty when in the tank. Much better would be Cegs or making your own from clear acrylic.

Cheers mate, Ill stay clear of them. Been looking into making my own from acrylic which would look great if I can get the bend right... Did we have any secret acrylic lily/spray bar makers out there who have had a clean result?

There was a link I posted with it in a while back, the best results are gotten by packing the tube with sand/salt it would seem.

Back