• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Flow problems

rawr

I have a 35l tank (probably nearer 30 after substrate etc) with a fluval 105 filter rated at 450lph. I have the outlet and inlet at different ends of the tank - the inlet to the left and outlet to the right. The right has good flow and I have noticed that the plants have grown more on this side of the tank, and plantlets are appearing only on this side.

The left side has little to no flow and doesnt look as grown in as the right. I'm therefore thinking about adding a pump or internal filter on this side of the tank to generate a bit more flow. I've been looking at the Hydor Koralia Nano but that's rated at 900lph which I feel would be too much flow on top of what the filter generates. Can anyone give me some advice on this? Maybe even an alternative good quality pump with a lower rating that you feel would be suitable? Thanks :)

rawr said:
I have a 35l tank (probably nearer 30 after substrate etc) with a fluval 105 filter rated at 450lph. I have the outlet and inlet at different ends of the tank - the inlet to the left and outlet to the right. The right has good flow and I have noticed that the plants have grown more on this side of the tank, and plantlets are appearing only on this side.

The left side has little to no flow and doesnt look as grown in as the right. I'm therefore thinking about adding a pump or internal filter on this side of the tank to generate a bit more flow. I've been looking at the Hydor Koralia Nano but that's rated at 900lph which I feel would be too much flow on top of what the filter generates. Can anyone give me some advice on this? Maybe even an alternative good quality pump with a lower rating that you feel would be suitable? Thanks :)

Hello :wave:

I have run in my 35l Deep Rooted in a previous setup a Koralia Nano, rated at 900lph as you say, plus my eheim 2222 rated at 500lph with no problem at all. Once you plants grow the reduce flow dramatically if they are allowed to reach the surface.

The Koralia's are excellent bits of kit, very reliable and silent. Lots of the guys/gals on here use them. If you shop around you will get the nano for under £20 delivered.

hope this helps

Andy

That sounds good to me, thanks for sharing your experiences Andy! :) Do you have any idea where I could pick one up for that sort of price?

Back