• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Flow Reduction

Do any of you adjust the output of your canister filters by using the hose taps? I’ve got a 440 lph filter which from personal experience is a bit high for the tank I had it on before. I’ve been thinking about getting a 300 lph Eheim classic but wondering if I should just attempt to lower the output on the Tetra external I already have.

What output system are you using? Eh lily pipe/spraybar etc

As you could just use a less efficient output which gives less tank turnover/flow and put less strain on the pump.

My FX6 with a spraybar gave good turnover yet with a single 25mm pipe outlet the turnover is pants, the later also puts less strain on the pump and queiter too

I wouldn’t buy a new filter
If you used a spray bar you could drill more holes or larger holes until you reach a gentle flow that doesn’t push the plants to much.
If you don’t like a spay bar I would just restrict the flow some where on the out flow side

Back