• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Flow Rule

Hi All,

How important is it in terms of Aquascaping rules and a tank looking right, for you to have the flow running across the length of the tank in the same direction that the main iwagumi stone is leaning?

I'm starting to want the inlet and outlet on the side that is up against a wall and not on the side that faces my living room. This involves having the flow against the Lean of the main stone.

Will i get away with it?

Thats not a factor I've seen people deliberating over, yet anyway! Filters and circulation pumps are usually removed for photography purposes, often a hairdryer is aimed at the water surface to make it look like there is flow and give pretty ripples.

Actual overall flow is very important for plant health and therefor combatting algae, however, so I would just place them where you get best flow!

Never gave it a thought that people would even go out their way to use a hair drier. !!!

Sent from my mobile telecommunications device

Indeed. Its seems its often more about making pretty pictures than functioning long-term scapes when it comes to aquascaping these days.

But they are some very pretty pictures! Its an art form.

Back