• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Flower macro

George Farmer

Founder
UKAPS Team
For me the most impressive bit to this is that it's handheld - no tripod.

I had to wack up the ISO to 3200 to get quick shutter speed. Shot into light from window, using my 50D with Sigma 17-70mm. :p

flower-crop.jpg

Very nice Cyclamen George! With my lack of knowledge I can't comment on the quality of the photo other than to say that it looks very sharp mate! ;) :lol:

more artistic, than camera abilities. allthough the camera is great. artistic eye shows here.

i've taken some of my best images when just pointing and shooting.

Thanks, guys.

The high ISO handling is really great for aquatic stuff too, as you don't need uber-light to capture fish movement.

The technology is amazing - 15 megapixels crammed on to an APS-C sensor with so little noise.

crop the image slightly (lose the bottom) get it on a big canvas, put it on the wall!

people pay mega bucks for images of lesser quality.

welcome to the world of noise free images George.

Brilliant pic.

Dissapointed with the lack of snow photos :lol: , following the weekends sunrise I only logged in to see the veiws around Stamford in the snow, my wife loves S'ford and I must admit it looks like a beautiful place.

I love the architechture of the buidings (residential more so than the commercial). You're a lucky man to live there :D .

I'm looking forward to playing a couple of rounds of golf (again) at Toft at the end of the of march.

Thanks, guys.

Simon - Stamford is a wonderful place. I live in a village nearby called Barnack, that is beautiful too. I am indeed very lucky! I'll try to get some nice shots of Stamford in the near future. Any excuse!

Have to agree with you there George, we drive through Stamford on the way to my parents house in Mablethorpe, and what a beautiful place to live 8) The buildings and the bridge along the main part we drive through are absolutely beautiful. Would make for some cracking photo's.

Back