• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fluval 107 or 207 for a 60x30 tank

BenR24

Hi all,

Recommendations on a 107 or 207 for a 54 litre tank, other suggestions accepted also! this is for a co2 and heavily planted so would appreciate some opinions! Thanks

The Fluval filters are excellent but the standard inlets/outlets and hoses are ugly, which means extra expense if you want nicer options.

There's a lot of decent filters out there... I'd have recommended an Aquael but they all come with 16/22 hoses which would look a little big on a small tank.

How about a JBL e902?

to be fair I have the jbl 1502e which i've gotten on well with, but liked the look of the fluvals sizes, i'll look into them, do you reckon a 207 would be too much current however?

I doubt it'd be too much flow, especially if you're using co2.

I do like the Fluvals, had a 306 a few years ago and it was a great little filter... Loads of mechanical filtration, decent flow and very easy to clean.

what about the e702? wouldnt 902 be a bit too powerful for a 54 litre

Too much flow is subjective, but I doubt it.

Once you account for the hoses and media in the filter, the flow is much less than stated on the box.

Back