• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fluval 405 issues

Aqua Hero

before i resort to buying a whole new filter i wanted to know if i could fix the problem with my 405.

The problem is that the flow will start strong for like a day and then become incredibly weak. its a struggle to prim it because the filter doesnt push the water up fast enough. is this an impeller issue or is it something to do with the motor?

Have you taken the impeller out and cleaned/inspected it? Do you have a lot of media in the canister and have you cleaned the hoses out recently.

As from for priming, I got round that by filling the filter up with tank water after maintenance and shaking it gently to get rid of any air and reconnected it back and of it would go! Worked on my 305

Have you taken the impeller out and cleaned/inspected it? Do you have a lot of media in the canister and have you cleaned the hoses out recently.

As from for priming, I got round that by filling the filter up with tank water after maintenance and shaking it gently to get rid of any air and reconnected it back and of it would go! Worked on my 305
i did all of that and it didnt work

Sounds like your motor is over heating and on the way out, I would still try running it with no media to see how it performs. Is the motor hot when its running?

No the motor is not over heating at all. Feels normal

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Most of the filters we use have a magnetised impellor, which over time (and especially after a run dry over heat), lose their magnetism. Replacing the impellor will usually fix the flow rate.

Back