• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fluval 405 through a AM 1000

Bobtastic

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with Fluval 405's through AquaMedic 1000 reactors? I have the spray bar attached to the outlet, now... does it seem that the flow is reduced because I'm spreading the flow over many small holes or is the reactor sapping the power of the flow.

My tank is 240l tank and the 405 is supposed to filter up to 400l at 1300lph, with the reactor does the filter still have the power to give me enough filtration? Will it be a good idea to add another external filter to make up for any reduction in filtration?

Note - I also have a Hydor Koralia 2 and a Maxi-Jet (1200 I think) on the tank moving the water about.

I would take the media out of the reactor and you will get some flow back that way.
IMO the media does not add any benefit to the reactor whatsoever.

My rule of thumb is - you have enough flow if you do not have a) any dead spots in your tank (swaying plants), and b) you are not getting a build up of dirt on the substrate (within reason).

I looked at your journal and the most recent pic shows your tank is not densely planted a, so I expect you will be fine. I'd remove the media and then wait and see...

Thanks Matt.

Yeah, I'm on the brink of rescaping the tank to an Iwaguni inspired scape. I'm hoping the addition of the spray bar, with the removal of the hefty piece of wood will get the "perfect" amount of flow.

For me personally the purchase of a AM1000 was a waste of money, either my filter cannot hack it (JLB e1500) which I don't think its the case of its very badly designed (which I think it should be at least another 10-15cm longer in order to disolve the CO2 properly). I still have it in place because I was just too lazy to take it out, but I am not using a UP Atomizer before the AM1000.

LondonDragon said:
For me personally the purchase of a AM1000 was a waste of money, either my filter cannot hack it (JLB e1500) which I don't think its the case of its very badly designed (which I think it should be at least another 10-15cm longer in order to disolve the CO2 properly). I still have it in place because I was just too lazy to take it out, but I am not using a UP Atomizer before the AM1000.

Interesting LD maybe my DIY option wasn't such a bad deal! External CO2 Reactor ;)
B4M

Back