• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

fluval f90

oscar

Hi Guys,
I have the Fluval f90 with the internal inlet/outlet which is black in colour.I have now went for a background of just off white acrylic, the question i have is where can you purchase clear pipes?!?! As this would blend in better with the background.
All help greatly appreciated as always.

Cheers :)

Hi,

First you need to measure the diameter of the existing pipes and then search Ebay etc for "Clear Acrylic Tubes" where you will find lots of different sizes.

What might be a problem is attaching such tubes to your existing fittings, Clear Aquarium silicone may do the job... as bringing 2 different plastic together can sometimes be difficult, eg. some adhesives can melt some plastics, plus it needs to be tank safe.

Also look in your local fish shops or online for the old fashioned undergravel uplift tubes and similar tubing as they may suit ?

001234.jpg

Hi
The thing with clear pipes will be that they will need constant cleaning to stay clean once fitted.Something U need to concider when choosing the way to fit the new ones.Or your tank need to achieve such balance that only light transparent biofilm is present. I managed to achieve it once for about an year over 20 years of tank keeping.
Regards Konsa

Back