FLUVAL FX5 Canister Filter - Noise

Discussion in 'Filters, Filtration and Pumps' started by johnb, 20 Mar 2008.

1. johnb

johnb Member

Hi

My FLUVAL FX5 Canister Filter (two of them) now does anyone have any of these and if so are they noisy ?

I can put them in the stand or in the shed attached to the living room wall and simply run the pipework out there, just not sure of the noise these things are going to make (they are huge)

Regards

John B

2. Lisa_Perry75

Lisa_Perry75 Member

I've only seen one in action and it was pretty quiet. Was kept in a cabinet though :D

3. Westyggx

Westyggx Member

Anyone else had any experience with the FX5's? My tank is in my room and i had to turn it off last night due to a large humming noise!

4. Alastair

Alastair Member

I run two of these in my living room on my 5ft and have no noise problems at all. I think there really quiet for the size of the filter. There not in the cabinets either

5. wearsbunnyslippers

wearsbunnyslippers Member

mine stands on a folded towel inside my cabinet to dampen the vibration a little, i can barely hear it now. it was much louder just standing on the cabinet.

6. Westyggx

Westyggx Member

Ill have to give that a go tomorrow then, going to cut the pipes down to the exact size needed too as theres a big loop in them at the mo. cheers for the responses.

7. cichlidfam

cichlidfam Member

Mines also in the cabinet and you can hardly hear it, a mouses fart makes more noise hahahaha

8. Westyggx

Westyggx Member

Lol clearly mine is not working like it should then as i cant sleep with it in my room had to turn it off over night. Going to give it a mega clean tonight and cut the pipes and see how that goes.

9. logi-cat

logi-cat Member

i sometime get a humming noise when i clean out my eheim 2213. To stop this i removed the end cap from the spray bar for a bit (to get all the air out) and out it back on. After that it's dead quiet. Maybe you can try that.

10. danmil3s

danmil3s Member

Mine makes a noise on start up give it a shake get the air out

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

11. Westyggx

Westyggx Member

Yeh i sorted it out now the hose was too long and was creating a loop and collecting air pockets.