• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fluval Nano

nayr88

Hi people

Im looking for a nano something like the arcadia arc tank. so i google searched 'nano fish tank uk' and found a site that spoke about a fluval nano, one was for shrimps, and includes a gravel which 'contains nutrients to help promote healthy growth of shrimp' and the other a the fluval nano flora contains a planted tank gravel as well as a 88g pressurised Co2 kit!! Both come with lights and i suspect a filter, but there wasnt much info on them.

so has any one out there got any more info on the tank or even own one?

hi there,

the new fluval tanks aren't out yet.. but i believe info will be released about them after they have been on show in september. I work at a maidenhead aquatics and asked my local rep for some free goodies to aquascape with and they said they would send me one of the new tanks next month. From what i understand it's got the works (''the works'' as far as fluval go, but they are always secretive about new products untill they're due for release).

Once i have the tank i will do a review on it - but don't expect ADA quality.

I've just got the 10 liter AquaEl Shrimp Set nano. They come in 10, 20 and 30 liter sets, with either a 9 or 11w light, internal filter and mini black heater. Very good build quality, and I definitely recommend them. Mine looks very smart on my desk. Seapets do them, as well as my LFS where I got mine. The range from £50 to £60ish depending on the size, and IMO are a bargain.

Tom

I think if I wanted a complete package I'd go for one of the Dennerle sets which come in 10, 20, 30 and 60 litres. You also get the choice of different packages; just the tank on its own, the 'Complete' set that comes with the tank, filter and light plus a foam basemat and also shrimp food, water conditioner and fertilisers, and then you have the 'Complete Plus' which has all of the above plus two types of substrate and a thermometer!
http://www.dennerle.com/global/inde...ategory&layout=blog&id=126&Itemid=184&lang=en
They also sell a nano CO2 set to match the range if you wanted one at a later date.

From the Interzoo reviews it looks like loads of manufacturers are going in for the nano packages including Eheim so you may want to hold your horses and see whats coming out unless you were desperate.

Hope thats some helpful info :thumbup:

thanks for the info Neil, ill check he link ou now. I had read that Eheim where doing one also the ada packages are immense though but so is the price :D

well one of the sponsers does ada tanks with light and stand all ada. around £685.00 (from memory) and they also do the ada co2 setup and ada ferts as packages aswell.

also found one in the states wich was an absoloute banging deal.
$685.00 you get;
ADA mini s
ADA cabnet
ADA solar mini s
ADA Co2 system
ADA Glassware: Pollen glass diffuser, both inflow and outflow mini glass pipe
ADA Grey parts set
ADA Eheim 2211 with stock media and 750ml ada na carbon
ADA 3 liter aqua soil amazonia powder type
ADA Manten stone

obviously brining it into the country is the pricey bit, but surely when the conversion rate was £1-$2 it would of be okai especially as the sponsers cost the same in £ as this one does in $ and it comes with plenty of extras.

thats the one :D i wonder how much it would cost to get in, surely you could convince then to send one to you at MA?

they ship across the state so im sure it would make it here.

I contacted Adgshop in the past to get an ADA Solar 1 sent to Denmark. They refused stating that they only ship within the US due to an agreement they have with ADA.

I managed to get it from http://www.adana-usa.com/ by shipping it to a friend of mine in the US 8) However customs and shipping costs came to approx 150 GBP :?

they wont send to this country because of the reason pointed out above. we have a supplier, so they cant take our suppliers buisness.

to be honest its not any more cost to get the stuff from TGM. they are more expensive because of the shipping tax ect that they have to add to the price.

they do a deal on the nanos and ada style stand. that allways tempts me :D

true stories haha

the set up GM do (stand tank and light) mini s is bonerfied, extremly tempting.....when i move to the states with my girlfriends family im going to be the actual biggest ada bumboy alive.....little aspiration of mine..LOOOOL

Back