• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fluval PFK

PARAGUAY

Fluval have done really well in the Manufacturers poll wining in aquariums,filters lighting and food,no surprise to the filter FX4 but Fluval Aquasky voted no1 in lighting

I'm not lighting expert at all however when I kept malawis I used aquasky lights and they were awful!! Malawis are all about the fish colour and they didn't do a good job at all, very yellow looking no matter how much you play around with the setting etc.

I don't think these polls have any real value tbh. The only thing they show is distribution of the products (most lfs will sell fluval because they are probably the easiest available range) and the amount of advertising the company does. I'm not knocking any of their products, ones like bug bites seem very good, but I do think it's availability of the products that decides these polls.

I don't think it's the magazines intention to say anythings the"best" it's just to give the readers a chance to give credit to makers what they think is a decent product. Last time l looked it had a circulation of about 12000 readers. (and obviously not all vote)I do think Fluval are in competition from the internet. as well as shops. Maidenhead Aquatics have about 5or 6 different make of externals in there range but the reliability and price point is the attraction, the Fx is priced as low as their competitors basic models. Same with lighting many would sooner pay a low price from a known maker than their competitors higher prices as example Twinstar Moe expensive.

I think their external filters are good. I don’t have any currently but for their price I thought they were great. No idea on the lighting but a lot of the people voting probably don’t have high tech planted tanks. Also as @mort mentioned it’s probably an availability thing, you see fluval everywhere.

If the results were based purely on exposure then oase would win the filter race, the fact they don't speaks volumes.

Back