• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fluval Profile Range, opinions?

I love the look, but does anyone know what they're like to run as planted tanks? Really interested in opinions if anyone has any.

profile-discus-stainless.jpg

http://www.seapets.co.uk/products/aquar ... plete.html

Ha haaa..Photoshop fish..good spot Neil. I'll bet those are plastic plants as well. Typical of The Matrix... :lol:

Never had one of these but can't see anything outrageously different than any other 200-250 liter tank from a plant's perspective. Obviously the filter will be inadequate for the amount of lighting and height, assuming you will use CO2, but as long as the canopy affords easy access to the tank for maintenance, can't see any reason to avoid this if you'll get a good deal on it.

Cheers,

Just in the process of setting one up:

I've changed the Fluval 405 to an FX5, the drilled pipes can be cut so they accept a 1 inch pipe. I've got this splitting off to feed a Co2 reactor and an external heater.

Nice!

I'm a sucker for shiney.

Seapets have them for £500 down from £820 with free delivery. You'd probably spend that on tank, stand and lights anyway.

ceg4048 said:
Ha haaa..Photoshop fish..good spot Neil. I'll bet those are plastic plants as well. Typical of The Matrix... :lol:
Me and Dan Crawford aquascaped that aquarium for Hagen at their trade show in 2009. I took that photo too.

The fish are very real, as are the plants... ;)

3895130185_73fe3fc300_z.jpg

I think they're a nice tank.

They come with 4 x T5 which is plenty for growing any plants. If you use all 4 T5 you will definitely need good CO2 and nutrient management.

The drilled base is also a great idea.

The two biggest downfalls are the side-opening doors, especially if you plan to put it in an alcove! And they're very tall, compared to their front to rear depth, limiting aquascaping potential.

i knew i had seen that tank somewhere before :lol: ,Dan and George are for real :thumbup: ,
john.

I love those tanks and yes, I knew I'd seen them somewhere before!

Those large rocks in the left hand scape are fantastic. I need to get my hands on some of those. Still trying not to kill plants in my 6gallon before I take a major plunge.

Back