Fluval Roma 125

Discussion in 'Journals' started by squiggley, 29 Aug 2009.

1. squiggley

squiggley Member

This is my latest set up.

DSCF5463.jpg

About 3 weeks

DSCF5560.jpg

No real plans for this one, it just planted with the trimmings from the Osaka.

I'm really surprised with this one. Some of the plants(Pogostemon Stellata, L.Aromatica) I struggled with in the Osaka (which has pressurised CO2 and ei) has flourished with no problem.

Tank : Roma 125
    Substrate : Akadama
    Filtration : Eheim 2217
    Lighting : 2 x 24w T8
    Co2 : Diy Co2 at the moment
    Ferts : Ei (a bit haphazard at the moment)

2. squiggley

squiggley Member

Belated update

This was taken last week

roma13-09.jpg

Apologies for pic but it was taken with my mobile (LG Renoir 8 megapixels - its only saving grace) as it seems the kids nicked the batteries from my camera for the tv remote :rolleyes:

3. squiggley

squiggley Member

Tonights pic

P18-09-09_231601.jpg

4. AdAndrews

AdAndrews Member

Looks nice mate, i have just ordered this tank but in titanium, cant wait to get my hands on it

5. aaronnorth

aaronnorth Member

a few more weeks and some trims this will be looking very healthy.

i have too many ideas in my head at the moment. i want to go low techbut i also want a riparium :silent:

6. Nick16

Nick16 Member

same, i have some room to play with now, with a large tank comming but :shh:

i really cant decide, i might do a quick contest scape and then rip it up and do a slow grower, low maintenence with swords, anubias etc.

7. leetaylor

leetaylor Member

Hi, I have the 125...its a very nice looking tank but it can not be stressed enough NEVER fill it above the fill line...you will end up with water condencinf above the side of the tank and it will drip all over the place.....provided you never do that I dont think you will have any worries with it...Incedently on your lighting rig was there a small black biece of plastic to keep the cord gripped? mine looks like it should have one but it never came with one