• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fluval Roma owners..

ChrisP

Hi all, I have just acquired a Fluval Roma which I plant to plant up and use plenty of rocks. I have one concern which is that the Roma has a floating base. So the bottom glass of the aquarium does not sit flush on the stand. Rather it sits on the edges and there is a gap between the bottom glass and cabinet. Does anyone have concerns with adding extra weight of rocks and wood? Feels like a lot of weight would be put on the floating base. I used to have a Juwel and don't remember it having a floating base.

Hiya @ChrisP I have a 240 Roma that has about 25kg of gravel in it, there's also various rocks and wood in there. It's been like that for almost 2yrs and hasn't caused any issues. I've even moved two of these tanks into different rooms with the gravel, rocks and wood in situ, again no issues.

So from my experience I don't think you've anything to worry about.

Edit: I'm assuming the tank comes with the manufacturers plastic bottom trim?

Last edited:
Thank you that is reassuring. I was just thinking its a lot of weight on the floating part but it sounds like it will be fine 👍

Yes it has the manufacturers plastic trim on the bottom. The top trim is also present though I have found it to be loose and can be pulled off. Its seems it was held with silicon so I might have to try fix it back down.

Back