• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Focusing on Nowhere - AS 900

Thinking of trying twinstar nano????
Hard or soft water?
If you’ve followed the long running Twinstar thread, reactor replacement can become costly (& Chihiros version especially seems to be short lived
Are you concerned about GSA on Anubias? or???

Your Rotala “Green” looks rather dispirited - usually more light, more CO2, more fertilizers is the answer
What are your parameters?

Thanks for the Advice Alto.

Yes full CO2 with green DC

I dose 7 ml TNC complete daily + cap full of Flourish Iron

Twice weekly 50% WC at the present

———

In my old scape green spot algae did plague the abubias but once established the java fern grew well.

My water is fairly hard pH 6.5 (7.4 out of the tap), KH 120, GH 150, no nitrites

Would Twinstar be a problem with those parameters? I have read the thread but it’s so long that I can’t quite get my head around it!

Think the Rotala needs a good trim but I didn’t want to chop out biomass while fighting diatoms (also kept lights on 40% for same reasons). Thanks for the input. T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like the diatoms are fading away. So I gave the rotala a good trim. Also added some rotala walchii that’s hiding behind the wood.

Also planted some more crypts to fill out the middle ground.

a01541b15b8b6e56af93cce75b3491cc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back