• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

[FoF] October 2008

ive checked through the post based on last years event. theres a big difference when ukaps gets onthe scene :) thank goodness.

When I went 2 years ago I got a whole load of freebies too... always a bonus for the poor students in the hobby!

As this is a stones throw from my place I shall be coming both days. Boys do you need a hand on the friday night setting things up?

Is there anyway we can get AE and TGM selling tropica plants? There is a stand selling bread and butter plants but no-one sells the kind of plants we like. Ooh if we could get TGM and AE selling anyhting that would be good... Redwood, stones, CO2... Ooooh TGM could bring down ADA stuff for sale. Please please please!!!

PS last time I checked the FBAS website they were still advertising the UKDA would be there.

Hiya, i've chatted to TGM whilst i was there the other week and they are willing to sponsor us, i am yet to speak to AE. We've gotta sort out the tanks that we are going to scape then we can maybe make a request into AE for some hardscape ;)
I believe that you have to pay to sell things and i know it's obviously miles away from TGM and they are busy folks at the end of the day, running a shop like that takes up almost all their time so i doubt they'll be able to make it. It would be great if they could come down for a few jars though, a great laugh them pair! I know Richard from AE is also a way busy guy too, would be nice to meet him though and get to know the man behind the empire that is Aqua Essentials.

Yeah thats kinda my point with TGM, its so far away for so many people. Yet here everyone can get together and they can reach a much wider clientbase.

Sounds like its going to be a cracker this year!

assuming im not working I will also be there this year (with or without other half's permission :p). Got a friend who lives in Bishops Waltham which isnt far away so will try and stay with him. Looking forward to it!

I am Coming this year by hook or by crook.
Have booked the time off for a long weekend.
Its only 2.5 Hours journey by train and Bus.

i'm looking forward to the show already :D my mum does craft stuffs etc and shes gonna do some fishy stuffs for craft stand.

This year will hopefully be better than last for us. We are more prepared and have a better idea how things are ran.
Me and Dan have been talking ideas of how we want to look and what we want to cover. We have a small group of solid help for the whole weekend, but if any one wants to just hang around, chat, help out where they can then of course the more the merryer.
Its a great opertunity for the southern based memebers to meet the founders and some of our modirators too. Putting nick names to faces is a humbling experiance and makes it feel more like a real tangible society.

I look forward to meeting you all there.

Hopefully I will be there but will know better closer to the date. If i can make it then i have a suggestion for how i can help -- Just strap a coolbox to my back and i can be the *BEER MULE* :p

Back