• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

[FoF] October 2008

Dan Crawford said:
*BEER MULE*
I hope you've got a big back pal?! LOL

It'd be good to see you there.

He,he,he. If i can drink my own body weight in beer(pretty sure i can :p ) I'm sure i can manage to haul it around for you guys :lol:

is it a drinking marathon?...i reckon i might give at miss guys.

you see, withot going into detail, i dont drink and havnt done in nearly 7 years. so i would probably feel a tad uncomfortable. i tend to stay away from the pubs these days.

thanks

mark. 8)

Nah, only messing around Mark. I dont drink that much myself anymore nowadays. The FoF is all about the UKAPS baby!!!!

saintly said:
is it a drinking marathon?...i reckon i might give at miss guys.

you see, withot going into detail, i dont drink and havnt done in nearly 7 years. so i would probably feel a tad uncomfortable. i tend to stay away from the pubs these days.

thanks

mark. 8)
oh mate, please don't think that, we're just having a giggle.
there will be beer at the bar but its not a smash up, its not very "UKaps" to have us all smashing it on the stand LOL. I need keeping in check every so often, Graeme does a great job of keeping me on the straight and narrow LOL. Last year we only had one beer at lunch time. Plenty afterwards at the propper bar then we just strolled off and sat by our stand talking fish and plants. It was fantastic! One of the best weekends ive ever had and there were only four of us, it'd be even better with all you guys there!
I completly understand if you wanna stay away from situations like that though.

Gutted I can't come! Not gutted that I go to Australia a few days later though :p :p Hope you get plenty of photos posted for those of us who have to stay behind!

Dan Crawford said:
oh mate, please don't think that, we're just having a giggle.

i kinda thought that anyway dan. it was difficult to express what i mean in text. i dont have cegs writing skills. :oops:

after a reply like yours dan, i'll reckon i'll venture down. i was hoping the ukaps community was of a good breeding if you know what i mean. it realy sounds like a great weekend!
would be nice to be part of the community :D

i got my wifes instructions to go ;) so i'll be planing my trip down.

ok, end of the subject! see ya there! :D

cheers mark

I could come along and give a speech on how to successfully grow algae as I’m good at that ! :D

It was last year that I was introduced to UKaps so I'll definitely be there again this year. Looking forward to it. :D

Cheers
Terry

Dan Crawford said:
Hey Guys, the dates are 11-12 of October and it's held at Mill Rythe Holiday Village, Hayling Island.

The UK Discus Association won't be there this year so numbers will be down so we need as many members to try and pop in to make sure that this festival keeps going in all it's glory.

UK Discus Association will be there again this year, we are working on some major players from Malaysia and the world being there with us !!!!!!!!!!!!

JazzyJeff said:
we are working on some major players from Malaysia and the world being there with us !!!!!!!!!!!!

cool, cant wait to see those guys in action. actualy my mother is from malaysia! (the west coast) so maybe ive got some asian aquascaping skills in me :lol:

whos coming?

planter said:
Im up for FOF this year! Never been before and it would be good to finaly meet some of you guys.
Im thinking of coming up on the 11th maybe staying over so I can enjoy a few beers in the evening!
Anyone know of a good B&B? I wouldnt mind getting somewhere booked up in advance.
Happy days mate!
You can stay on site, we are. It's £95 for 2 nights, i don't have a price for just the one night. If you wanna call them it's 020 8847 3586 - Grace. I think the details would be on the FBAS website.

Hi All,i have just booked in for two nights cant wait, lets drink to UKAPS baby,regards john :lol:

Hey guys,

I've been a bit quiet as I've been really busy in the past few months. However, the light is at the end of the tunnel!!

I'm trying to persuade my father to come down to this party as well. He's into his fish ponds, and me into planted tanks and gouramis... I'm sure we'll both find something to occupy us!

Its a monster trip for both of us, as I live in the north west, and he's in Belfast! Planning has already begun - I hope to see an exciting UKAPS stand watch the jaws drop of the 'old school' when they see what you can really do with a fish tank!

Hopefully see you guys/gals there

Simon

Nice one Joe, it'd be nice to put a face to the name. There is a wicked koi show there with some of the UK's best fish so that should keep your dad happy?!

Back