• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

[FoF] October 2008

JazzyJeff said:
Dan Crawford said:
Hey Guys, the dates are 11-12 of October and it's held at Mill Rythe Holiday Village, Hayling Island.

The UK Discus Association won't be there this year so numbers will be down so we need as many members to try and pop in to make sure that this festival keeps going in all it's glory.

UK Discus Association will be there again this year, we are working on some major players from Malaysia and the world being there with us !!!!!!!!!!!!

UKDA are there, but there is also a Discus show by BIDKA at Bristol in Nov details here;
http://www.british-discus-show.com/

Why not go to both!!!!!

Cheers, Mick B

I'd love to mate but it's gonna be too hard to figure out the logistics, truck hire, travel, fuel, space, sleeping, building etc as it is, plus we're leaving on Friday morning. There has to be someone cruisiing down the M6???

All very quiet?? So who is going?
Anyone driving from London for the day? I wouldn't mind sharing the petrol costs.
Also do we have to buy tickets to get into the event before or we can pay at the door?

Hi guys, i have t-shirts, mainly large, i can do more with advanced payments.....
I have loads of window stickers but i seem to have misplaced them :rolleyes: I can sort something out.

If you subscribe to PFK its free entry with this months issue, if not it's only a few quid, i think it was like £3 last year.

I'm in the process of doing the stand, should look way cool, very "UKaps"

The map has died a death so i'll just use the pics that i have been sent so far and make up the rest.

Can we get a list together of who is confirmed?

Me
Graeme
Clive........

I'm definitely going to be there for one day if not both.

It's at Mill Rythe Holiday Village on Hayling Island, Portsmouth.
You can either stay at the village (it's a bit like Butlins) or stay on Hayling Island at one of the many B&B's.
It's organised by the FBAS or click here for info on last years event http://www.fbas.co.uk/Events.html
It's £90 ish for the Friday and Saturday with breakfast included, maybe even dinner, i can't remember.

LondonDragon said:
Thanks Dan, I am just looking at coming down for the day, easy to get to from London by train? cheers
The nearest/best station is Havant, Any train from London Waterloo to Portsmouth will stop there.

Directions from the station

I should be going down on the same train line from Guildford but because I'm a cheap skate I'll be taking my bike at the Havant end and not a taxi. Last I remember there is also a bus service, though I haven't used it in a couple of years. Once took a fish tank back home by it!

GUTTED!!!!!...I'm not gonna be able to make it down :( . It just happens to be that weekend is the 1 out of the month that I get hit hardest with bills :twisted: and the cheapest train fare I've found so far is £53 :wideyed: . Ahhhh well, never mind aye :arghh: :lol:

Considering that FOF is this weekend I thought I'd reply to this post just to bump it up ;)

As it is a hundred mile drive each way for me and I have a fairly full weekend already I've decided not to go. Good luck to the UKAPS team winning the 'which tank would you like to own' competition :)

EDIT - oh yeah, if you are going on Saturday or Sunday apparently there is a voucher for free entry in PFK.

Well I'm going down, but it's only 45 mins from me! I was going to take the train/bike on at least one day but if the weather keeps doing what it is then I'm taking the car! (Seeing as it's a novelty that I have one at my disposal for a week :) )

Back