• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

food for embers

soton_dave

i bought 11 embers at the weekend that are a lovely metalic red/orange
went to a lfs today to get a bottle of tpn+ and noticed they had some embers 6 for £4 so i just had to get some to keep my others company,they are smaller with little to no colour so was wondering what food is best to feed them to get them colouring up or is it colouring just down to age/maturity?

i know tetra prima has colour enhancers so was going to get some,im finley crushing flake at the mo but they eat the odd bit that floats past them but wont venture to the surface to get it so im guessing a granular food would be best.

any advice?

cheers dave

I've had my embers for about 12 months and found the sera flakes to be taken most quickly followed by fry food. I've tried them on granular foods but mine don't see it as food. Supplementing every now and then with tubiflex worms and live foods (not brine shrimp, mine won't take it) brings out their colours the best.

Ember tetras (Hyphessobrycon amandae) are one of the smaller characin species, so they may have a bit of trouble with granular foods. In my own experience crushed flake would be ideal, however as always a good variety of frozen or live foods if you can get them will certainly bring out the best of these fish.

Back