• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Food for neon and cardinal tetras

Medoka

Hello All,
I have school of neon and cardinal tetras. I am using tetra prima. However, this food is not floading and sink very quicky. Hence creates extra waste.Morever, i feel fish are not fed sufficiently due to this quick sinking characteristic.
As a result, i would appreciate if you could recommend me a good quality food for my tetras.
Many thanks
Mel

Hi Mel, I think there are some suggestions from lots of member in this thread Experienced fish keepers: What are you feeding your fish?

A good staple going by the way my brothers fish react to it is aquaria tropical flakes but you might find that if you feed really small amounts more frequently, like splitting the normal feed into 3-4, then you might find there is less waste and you don't need to swap foods.

Crispa can be crumbled up for easier feeding.
I Would suggest Hikari Micro Pellets as they are a very very good all round food.
You can also use any of the NTLabs pellets, they even do a crumb that floats for a while before sinking.
Also the Stick on Tabs are great for target feeding, as you can watch the fish eating the food infront of you over an hr or so. And it does not foul teh water.

HIKARI MICRO PELLET

NT LABS TROPICAL
NT Labs Pro-f Nano Tropical
NT Labs Pro-f Micro Crumb

Tabs

Fluval bug bites do a micro granule that sinks slow. I try to add a bit at a time at a feeding sessiòn as the Glowlights occupy mid to bottom of the tank. Like the hikari micro also

I've found using a feeding ring, stops the flake from sinking so much, if you're not already using one. Might not help if it's the fish themselves causing the surface agitation though!

Back