• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Food grade Nori flakes for fish?

Ajm200

A friend of mine bought Nori flakes to sprinkle on her food as part of a New Year health kick. She doesn't like them (I'm not surprised) and she had offered them to me for the fish.

She says the ingredients just say Nori seaweed. I believe it may be a slightly different Nori variety to the sheet Nori for sushi

Has anyone used them as fish food?

Thanks

Nori flakes were a hit. They break up a bit in the tank but the Angelfish, Tetras went mad for them. There was a proper feeding frenzy. Will try nori sheets next as they are on offer in Sainsburys. 100% seaweed so should be a healthy treat for them

I offer the nori sheet's, but trim off small section's to hang on the glass with veggie clip.
Tetra's,guppies,pleco's,shrimp,go crazy for it.(especially the shrimp).
Sometimes have to place some on each end of the tank ,for when the old royal pleco comes out to munch, the other's give him/her plenty of room..
Have also seen otocinclus glom onto it.
Have also used the stuff to feed livebearer fry by letting it float on the surface near the floating plant's where the fry hide/feed.
The livebearer fry get after it like duck's on a june bug.(cheap stuff too).

Back