• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

For all you CRS fans

That shrimp is freaking nice! If I can get hold of some of them and keep them alive and breed I think I will change my mind about keeping CRS as their water parameter seemed to suite my tank a little better

If you can keep them and breed them (they're quiet easy apparently) I'll take 30.
shrimp factory. :D

:O sweet lord! thats what, £17 each?
An investment and a half that! any signs of the price coming down?

more like 25 quid each when you add the postage and delivery cost.... Don't know if the price will come down now... but even if the price will come down, it will be another couple of years from now.

I'll keep watching, What info on them have you managed to dig up?

Well to be honest. First of all I still don't know the exact scientific name of the shrimp. And from what ?I understand these shrimp only made it into the hobby recently just for the way it looks, not its algae eating ability so not much can be found on the internet. But there might be more source on the german website which I failed to discover during my searches. So maybe someone can look into that? All I know now is that these shrimp could possibly be tank breed but there is also controvery that some of these shrimps need fresh water sponge in order for the young to thrive. They need water with high pH (8 and more) and high hardness level. I was told that kH of 9-10 and gH of 12-14 is best. CO2 might not work out well with these shrimp....

They really are, makes me wonder about them though, I think the key thing is going to be waiting until we know if they're going to breed true or at all, and then how big are broods and the age at which they can reproduce.
It's going to be a shame if we can't keep these shrimp in our planted tanks because we inject co2, have low hardness', lack the sponges some apparently need etc.

I have a contact who is keeping some at pH 6.5 and one is pregnant!

pH8 sounded too high...

I don't know, rumour has it they're descended from marine's so a ph of 8 is entirely pheasable.
Does this mean we will be able to get them via Ae?

Back