• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

For those with UP regulator

What are you using it with? Bare in mind gas is easy to compress so if the pressure increases inside the diffuser 2.5 bps could easily be the same as 2bps when under more pressure.

Hi Tom, I was having the same problem with my up regulator, the one which you adjust the working pressure with an Alan key. It did this quite alot when I first got it and working pressure would be constantly up and down and bps fast, then slow. How new is your reg? Mine seems to be sorting itself out although I do think the needle valves aren't great when trying to get low bps. I'm thinking of opening up the up valve all the way and adding another needle valve and controlling it this way. I'm going to see if it stops doing this before I do. It's not doing it as much, and o found that the bps would then only start dropping for an hour and a bit when it first came on then would rise a little. I've found that running the reg at 3 bar helped alot.

Hope it helps a bit.

Alastair

I had probs with mine (dropping working pressure), until I dunked my bubble counter into a bucket of water and discovered a leak... I removed the bubble counter and the pressure stabilised.

It was fine for several months but I have stopped using my up diffuser now, as it too has developed a leak around the lip where the opaque black bit joins the transparent bit...

anyway I think what I'm trying to say is that it might be worth checking for leaks :(

Chris

Back