• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Forum has been upgraded

Now get back to saving the NHS and print that PPE
If only I could, the 3D printer packed up at the weekend, trying to get it fixed and not an easy task!! :( might need an engineer to come out but under the current situation they also not venturing out much!

Thanks for the hard work, looks refreshed!

If you do notice something that doesnt quite work as you expect or you think there is something missing please let me know by replying to this message.

Just noticed that when uploading images to a post the 'insert as thumbnail' option is no longer there, only to insert as full image?

Just noticed that when uploading images to a post the 'insert as thumbnail' option is no longer there, only to insert as full image?
I actually disabled that, always looks better with full images! In which scenario would a thumbnail look better?

Get it now. Always thought thumbnails were for multiple images or small image to a bigger picture . Great work on the site Paulo, time for a donation methinks

I actually disabled that, always looks better with full images! In which scenario would a thumbnail look better?

That's fine I don't mind either way. I use it when uploading update shots to a journal, saves the post being massive with 6 full size images. Instead I usually do one full image with a little gallery of thumbnails which open up full size when you click them.

That's fine I don't mind either way. I use it when uploading update shots to a journal, saves the post being massive with 6 full size images. Instead I usually do one full image with a little gallery of thumbnails which open up full size when you click them.
Know what you mean, but I don't think it's a very popular format when viewing a thread. I doubt that most folk actually bother to click on the thumbnails and I also think full size images look much better especially in a journal. Full size images add a great deal to the overall feel and look of the forum too ;)

I doubt that most folk actually bother to click on the thumbnails and I also think full size images look much better especially in a journal. Full size images add a great deal to the overall feel and look of the forum too

I disagree somewhat but I'm happy to concede the point.

If people don't bother to click on the thumbnail to view full size image then I'd suggest that means they don't actually care all that much what you are saying or showing - those same people probably don't take the time to 'properly' look at your full size photo either, just a quick scroll past.
Full size images do add a great benefit/effect and I would alway include one over a thumbnail if it were just a single image or FTS - I'm not saying to do away with them, just to have the choice.
On my latest journal post I was going to include some supplementary photos - I didn't bother because I didn't want a single entry to be 5 times the height of a screen full of photos. Much better to include those in a thumbnail gallery which doesn't detract from the main image. Very few platform show every image in full off the bat, you either scroll through them or use a thumbnail gallery to navigate.

As I say, if that was a choice then I can appreciate the desire to have a uniform appearance.
I feel like I'm seeming ungrateful for the obvious effort and time put into the forum but that is not my intention I obviously just needed a good whine.

I feel like I'm seeming ungrateful for the obvious effort and time put into the forum but that is not my intention I obviously just needed a good whine.
No not at all. We all have an opinion. One of the qualities that makes UKAPS so special is that it's a safe environment in which to voice those opinions without fear of being trolled or otherwise abused.

I guess some images can be a little on the large side if they're loaded directly to a post. A lot of folk use image hosting websites to store and resize images before posting. I use Flickr for instance.

As I say, if that was a choice then I can appreciate the desire to have a uniform appearance.
It was just something I thought would be more appropiate ;) one click and it's back on, it's simple if people like using that feature :)

Not sure if it's me but it seems some additional updates are being done to the forum. The width of the threats/window seems to have widen up. Or is it just me? Also the font spacing also seems to have changed.
That is correct, both have been adjusted to facilitate larger screen sizes.

That is correct, both have been adjusted to facilitate larger screen sizes.
The only problem with doing that is that the font size, etc. doesn't get any bigger and you just end up with more space between things, which makes things harder to read/connect together. Maybe you can see what I mean from this screenshot? It's harder now to match the left thread title to the replies on the right side.

Image1.jpg

The only problem with doing that is that the font size, etc. doesn't get any bigger and you just end up with more space between things, which makes things harder to read/connect together. Maybe you can see what I mean from this screenshot? It's harder now to match the left thread title to the replies on the right side.

View attachment 148418
See if that has improved!

Has spacing changed again ? Compared to Mark.A above ?
View attachment 148419
They are different styles, they have different options/config files!

Thanks for all the hard work Paulo, really appreciated.

Are you changing things at the minute? I looked a few minutes ago and thought how big the text and spacing was, just got back on to ask if there was anything I could do at my end and now the font size and spacing is much better for me.

Hi @LondonDragon,

It seems that login functionality is broken for Google accounts. Please take a look if you have time for that.

Thanks!
It happened to me too. I think the issues is that when you use google to register, it creates an ukaps account for you. You can't then use google to log in again. You can request password reset for your gmail and log with that.

EDIT: Love the new overhaul, great job! 🙂 👍

Back