• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

forum members

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Starkey

Hi all ,from today im finished with this forum because ive had enough of the crap and the attaude of some of the people posting on here,john.

It's a shame you feel the need to do that, I've always found your posts to be helpful and informative!

It's unfortunate that there has been some immature, and aggressively worded, comments made.

You are a very helpful contributor and if you do leave the forum you will be sorely missed IMO.

Simon D said:
It's a shame you feel the need to do that, I've always found your posts to be helpful and informative!

It's unfortunate that there has been some immature, and aggressively worded, comments made.

You are a very helpful contributor and if you do leave the forum you will be sorely missed IMO.

now i feel bad.didn't realise there was some aggressively worded comments made :? ,where :?:
neil

This is a real shame folks, John has been a valued member from the start and he's helped in many many ways, not just on the forum but behind the scenes too. John is very passionate about this hobby and UKaps it's self. He's been at the heart of the donations/plant swaps and he's been done out a few times by giving plants away only to see them up for sale on here, poor show in my view! He's a wise man and can clearly see that something is amiss in terms of relationships throughout the forum, whilst this is the nature of the internet, obviously John doesn't like it and that is of corse his prerogative. He's a man who wears his heart on his sleeve and isn't afraid to say his piece if he feels it necessary, as some of you may well know! Losing valued members like this over immature, malicious comments or whatever is a poor show. You can see from John's posts that he's very much against useless comments without any constructive advice like "something doesn't sit right" or "sorry, i don't like it". Maybe we should all think a bit more about what we're going to post?
I truly hope that we don't lose John and it's nice to see so much support for him, hopefully he'll be back in good time.

I hope that whoever the people are who have made such comments have been contacted by the moderators.

I've not tracked many threads on here so I can't say I've seen such comments myself, but all forums have a few members who seem to wind up the other ones - I've seen you go from nothing to an amazing tank over the years, it would be a sad day if you leave because of some irresponsible and badly thought-out posts.

I hear what you are sayng Dan and would like to add that I for one feel Johns presence on the forum, and would miss it if he goes.

(My previous post was just to lighten the atmosphere a little. In no way do I endorse physical restraint in order to maintain constributing UKAPS members. Well maybe just a little.)

It will be a shame to see you leave John, and the forum, indeed the society will be poorer for it. I hope you reconsider, but I totally understand where you're comming from.

I look forwards to meeting up this weekend mate. We'll sink a few beers and put the world to rights mate :twisted:

I reckon a couple of glasses of vino and he is anybodys. :lol: We`ll work on him this weekend.

He is way too valuable a member to just let go.

Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back