• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Re: Untitled Yet 300L optiwhite (long waited update)

This is such an amazing tank, I bet its breath taking in the flesh! 4foot! I get lost in my nano I bet you have to be dragged from this to eat or sleep haha.

Cal aquas are very nice, but how the hell do you keep not only the glassware but the tubing so clean too! Are you using the ADA spring washer or just a standard ehiem or hagen brush?

Nice homemade powersand haha.

Ryan.

nayr88 said:
This is such an amazing tank, I bet its breath taking in the flesh! 4foot! I get lost in my nano I bet you have to be dragged from this to eat or sleep haha.

Cal aquas are very nice, but how the hell do you keep not only the glassware but the tubing so clean too! Are you using the ADA spring washer or just a standard ehiem or hagen brush?

Nice homemade powersand haha.

Ryan.

Thanks, Its right in front my work table so i get enough of it every day :clap:
My secret of clean tubing and glassware is very simple, clean it more often :D and photograph next day :oops: . It truly hard to find a decent brush to clean them. after couple unsuccsesfull tries i came across Marina spring brush, probably similar to ada which works quite well. It still cant rich the dead end of the inlet though and has to be modified.

The FE run out today :sick: and it was my last one so lights went off and i have to find where to refill FE or pub bottles in east or north london tomorrow. If anyone knows let me know.
My first afterkit lens arrives tomorrow... Yeah... Very excited.

Even worse haha how do you get any work done B)

Ill have to see what sizes marina do them in, my cals are a nano set. I see in NeilW's journal he was using brush he got from the dentist I think its for cleaning braces, they'll get right into the slots of the inlet and the at the bottom.

As for co2 refill, how far east are you? I know 'urban aquatics' in Rainham do co2 refills for jbl for sure I haven't seen any FE in there waiting to be refilled, but give them a call.

Ryan

Thanks for info Ryan. I am looking for a budget refills. Mr Arana knows where to fill 2kg FE for 12 but thats a bit too much. Would like to find something around 8 or cheaper for FE or around 20 for 6kg pub bottle.

Piece-of-fish said:
Thanks for info Ryan. I am looking for a budget refills. Mr Arana knows where to fill 2kg FE for 12 but thats a bit too much. Would like to find something around 8 or cheaper for FE or around 20 for 6kg pub bottle.

I still haven't had time to go and check out that refill service and funny enough i popped into Urban Aquatics at the weekend to get an old 500g bottle refilled to see me through.

you can try here http://www.londongases.co.uk/lgbeergas.php

not really that cheap so i never bothered.
you would have to use their cylinders and they want a one off £50 deposit on each cylinder.
the price they quoted me was for the 6.35kg 100% co2.

Dear Neil

Confirming our telephone conversation our prices are as follows:-

Cylinder charge £50:00
Gas £25:00*

* If you take more than 2 cylinders at a time I'll reduce the gas price to £20:00 per cylinder

All prices are plus VAT

If you wish to collect please telephone and arrange beforehand

Regards

Bob
London Beer Gas
0208 807 4633

they won't refill FE's or your own cylinders :( .

Thanks Neil, have just actually called them, the gas is 20 plus vat for 6.35.
Delivery is free. Would be quite a good option, just give a call and you have it delivered in couple days. The problem is the height of the cylinder is 84cm.

Yep, no lower bottles from them. They do have 3,15 ones but refills are at the same 20£ price.

By the way. Do they have to be kept upright all the time. Would the lean angle of around 45 degrees be possible?

mmm,didn't realise they were that tall :( .

Some update photos, quick try with 2 studio lights and new lens.

officefront.jpg

bigflash.jpg

Re: Untitled Yet 300L optiwhite (some new pics)

i love the 2nd pic of the fish.
not sure on the 1st.doesn't look right to me.but i'm crap at taking pics,so ignore me as i know nothing :lol: .

Thanks Neil, i am not happy with them as well. First time i tried these strobes...

its all practice mate.i'm sure the pro's will help you out ;) .

Another pic...

fignyakakayato.jpg

Will use just the tank lights for photos next time.

Thanks Victor and Arana. I am actually planning to remove one piece of wood on the left:

wood.jpg

I find it very distracting, these 2 branches make one piece. I might remove, cut and put it back in other way though.
Got 2 6.35 CO2 canisters delivered today from londongases. bloody heavy i must say.

thats a lot better :D .well done mate ;) .

Looking great Ed :)

Cant wait for the invite over so can see this in its full glory.

Back